Premier League side Chelsea has reportedly submitted a bid of €8 million for Pepe Reina. Stamford Bridge are looking at capable replacements for the outgoing Thibaut Courtois. The Belgian shot stopper is keen on a move to Real Madrid but the Blues have halted further negotiations until they find a replacement.
Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri worked with the former Liverpool man Reina whilst at Napoli. He asked that the keeper be returned to England if Courtois wants to exit. The deal is complicated as Reina only just moved to AC Milan from Napoli this summer. Milan will seek an improved offer or outrightly refuse it, as per reports. They recently just got off Financial Fair Play issues and are eager to settle early in the season. If Milan agree to the deal, then Courtois can easily move to Santiago Bernabeu.
Continue reading CHELSEA BID FOR PEPE REINA
Manchester United have been linked with a move for Napoli star Faouzi Ghoulam. The Algeria international moved to Serie A giants Napoli from St Etienne in 2014. He has been consistent in his full back role and is one of the highly sought after players in Italy.
Jose Mourinho has said the team wants a midfielder and a defender after getting a strong forward in Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal. The Red Devils are expected to make a move for the Napoli man during the summer. However, they would have to pay heavily to get their target. Continue reading United Keen On Napoli’s Faouzi Ghoulam
Serie A giants Napoli continue their march forward in the Italian Cup as they defeat Udinese 1-0. The victory takes them to the quarter finals courtesy of a Lorenzo Insigne goal 18 minutes from time. The fans of the home team went thrown into jubilation as Insigne came off the bench to send them through.
Napoli have had an impressive first half of the season but they need to cement their run with titles. They are set to face either Atalanta or Sassuolo on January 2 for a chance in the last four. Insigne continues his fine form that has garnered attention all year.
Continue reading ITALIAN CUP: NAPOLI CONTINUE MARCH AHEAD WITH UDINESE WIN
Serie A side Napoli have continued their excellent run in the new season, even as they face Benevento.
The club has won all games in the league so far, netting 15 times and allowing just two. They scored six against Benevento over the weekend as they continue their stellar form. The win makes the ninth consecutive Serie A victory for the club – the first in the club’s entire history.
The club’s record is quite impressive after a few games so far. They would rank very high if not the highest based on form of European clubs. Manchester City, Manchester United, PSG and Monaco have scoredmore league goals than Napoli but they have played more games this term so the team should be off running. Napoli actually has an impressive defensive record. Just two players in Atalanta’s Bryan Cristante and Verona’s GiampaoloPazzini have netted against them. The passing stats and its sheer accuracy of 92% (against Benevento) is another plus for the side. Continue reading NAPOLI CONTINUE EXCELLENT START TO THE NEW SEASON
Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri said that he is not happy with the way his team has been playing in pre-season and that he wants to see improvement from his players.
He believes that they can play better and that he wants to see them perform better on the pitch.
Maurizio Sarri said that he objective of the team is to challenge for the title and if they want to get closer to Juventus at the end of the season they will need to show improvement on the pitch. He said that their performance has far from being excellent and that the players will have to show more determination on the pitch.
Maurizio Sarri said that he has been preparing the team for the Champions league qualification game where they have been drawn against French side Nice. He said that they are still far from being ready, but it is important that they perform in this game. Continue reading Maurizio Sarri wants his team to improve
Premier League champions Chelsea are hoping to retain the title when the season restarts in August.
Recent movements have shown Antonio Conte is seeking to bolster the defences of the club. After agreeing to pay Man City reject Willy Cabalero for his services, after the Etihad released him recently, reports have it that Chelsea have submitted a bid of £53 million for Napoli defender KalidouKoulibaly.
Chelsea have been linked with the player for about two year now yet they retain their interests in the star. The Senegalese side joined the Italian side from Genk in 2014. After impressing, Chelsea stepped up their interests in him after earlier advances were rebuffed.
Italian new sources claim Napoli would continue playing hardball that has seen them retain the player all along despite heavy interests from other sides. The player’s agent reportedly claimed Chelsea were world class and that his player might move this summer. Continue reading CHELSEA SUBMIT £53 MILLION FOR NAPOLI STAR
Napoli are currently positioned at the 3rd spot of the Italian League, Serie A with 67 points gathered from their initial 31 matches that have been played so far.
It has been a fairly impressive and memorable season for Mauricio Sarri and his men as they even managed to defeat Juventus in the 2nd
leg of their semifinals for the Italian Cup, it wasn’t enough for Napoli to reach the next rounds as the aggregate score was 5-4 in favor of Juventus but nonetheless it still was a brave effort from Napoli as they were attempting to win the Italian Cup which they haven’t lifted since the season of 2013-14.
Mauricio Sarri is also leading his team to the top spots of the Serie A and even though Juventus have a significant lead over every other club, Napoli are sitting in a comfortable UEFA Champions League qualifying position for the upcoming season. Continue reading Even without Gonzalo Higuain, Napoli is still in the top spots of Serie A
Napoli continued their fine form this term when they edged past Fiorentina in the ongoing Coppa Italia tournament.
Jose Callejon proved to be the one separating both sides as he scored the lone goal to seal the victory for Napoli at the tournament semi final.
The heated affair ended with ten men apiece as both sides fought hard to outdo each other. Borja Valero and Gonzalo Rodriguez did not play the game for the visitors. Nikola Maksimovic started at the back in a rare showing while Leonardo Pavoletti got his first start for the club. Dries Mertens was rested for the clash.
Both sides met recently with no victors as the game ended 3-3 in the Serie A. This time Napoli emerged victorious due to the goal from the former Bernabeu forward.
Fiorentina did not go down easily as they played Napoli through counter attacks. Napoli shot stopper Pepe Reina had to stretch to stop an effort from Federico Chiesa. However Napoli were calm, dominating the early stages of the duel. Continue reading NAPOLI EDGE FIORENTINA 1-0 IN COPPA ITALIA
During the previous 2015-16 season of the Italian League Serie A, Napoli was one of the only clubs that truly managed to compete and stay at the same level as Juventus.
Napoli ultimately had to settle with the 2nd
place as Juventus won the Serie A for another successive season but it was still a memorable and impressive season for Napoli.
Napoli has not been doing so impressively in this 2016-17 season as they are currently positioned at the 6th spot with 24 points collected from their 13 opening league matches and rumors have been emerging linking the Italian club with a number of players that might be signed during the approaching winter transfer window.
If Napoli wants to continue competing for a top spot of the Italian League, a few signings could be what they need to get things rolling.
One of the players that has been rumored to be in the radar of Napoli is Chelsea’s Kurt Zuoma who has not been able to make a single league appearance for the Premier League club in this season due to a knee injury which has kept him out of action for around 1 year but he is believed to be almost fully recovered. Continue reading Napoli is being linked with a number of potential winter targets
Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis has stated that his club is not Juventus and do not have the history for the Turin club.
However, he believes that everything is down to money nowadays and that if he had the investment Napoli could also be champion.
This statement came after Napoli’s coach Sarri said that Juventus is a different club from them and that they are the favorite to win the title. Sarri stated last week that Napoli does not have the necessary finance to compete with Juventus and that they are playing well above their level.
Aurelio De Laurentiis said that Sarri was right when he said that. He said that Juventus had been the property of the Agnelli family for some years and they have had some great owners and sponsors in the past. He said that Juventus is built over a century of history and this is what has caused them to become a big club. Continue reading Napoli still developing